Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
By the time New Year’s Eve rolls around, we’ve all had our proper fill of holiday sweets and party drinks. This year I wanted to create something a little on the lighter side, but still incorporate those wintery flavors. This Winter Pimm’s Cup is a twist on a summer time favorite and is perfect for sipping.
The lightly-spiced flavor of the Pimm’s pairs really well with the Honeycrisp apple, orange and sage. By muddling the fresh fruit, you can save calories that usually come with fruit juice or mixers. This cocktail comes together quickly and is easy to make one at a time or for a crowd!
- 1½ oz. Pimm’s Liqueur
- 3 oz. sparkling wine
- 2 slices Honeycrisp apple, each cut in half
- 1 slice orange, quartered
- 3 blackberries
- A few leaves of fresh sage
- In a glass, add Pimm’s, fruit and sage. Muddle gently.
- Top with champagne.
- Garnish with more fruit and sage, if desired.