A chicken Parmesan recipe with no breading, lots of flavor and just 5 ingredients.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1½ lbs. chicken breasts
- 1½ cups chunky pasta sauce with garlic & basil
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 slices fresh Mozzarella cheese (about ¼” thick)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat oil in a 12” non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Place seasoned chicken with salt and pepper on pan and sear 4-5 minutes turning once.
- Place chicken breasts in 8”x8”x2” glass baking dish. Pour pasta sauce onto chicken and top each breast with a slice of fresh Mozzarella. Add Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove foil, add parsley, and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 490, Calories from Fat 250, Total Fat 28g (43% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates 9g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 47g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%.