Created by: Erin Sellin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Sweet potatoes are good for you and tasty too. When you season them with cinnamon and nutmeg in this muffin recipe, they taste even better…almost like pumpkin!
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together sweet potato, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, vegetable oil and brown sugar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir into sweet potato mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips if using.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 14-18 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack for 5 minutes, before removing from the pan to cool completely.