Pizza for breakfast is always a good idea, especially when it is full of morning favorites – eggs, sausage and cheese.
Hands-on Time: 20 min | Total Time: 1 hour 30 min | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. prepared pizza dough
- ½ lb. bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 package (9-10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let rest 1-2 hours.
- Place pizza stone or large heavy baking pan on lower rack in oven; heat oven to 475°F.
- In 10” skillet, cook and stir sausage 5 minutes or until brown; drain. Set aside.
- On floured work surface, shape pizza dough into 14” circle with rolling pin or floured fingers. Place on parchment paper; place parchment on pizza peel or flat baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Spread over pizza. Top with sausage and shredded cheese.
- Break eggs evenly over pizza; sprinkle with red pepper.
- Slide pizza and parchment carefully from pizza peel to pizza stone. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and eggs are cooked*.
- Let stand 2 minutes; cut into 8 wedges.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Per serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates 28g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.