Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
If you’re considering making a batch of chocolate-covered strawberries to impress a loved one this Valentine's Day, try making these cookies instead! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, sugar and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg, mixing well. Add flour mixture and beat slowly to incorporate, then faster to blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and freeze-dried strawberries.
- Drop batter in heaping tablespoon portions about 2” apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges of cookies are brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool. Store in an airtight container, or freeze for longer storage.