Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
When I need to satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt, I make a creamy smoothie inspired by one of my favorite desserts. Lately, my guilty pleasure has been a slice of cheesecake drenched in strawberry topping.
The problem is, cheesecake isn't exactly good for you, or low in fat or calories. My solution? This lower guilt Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie that tastes just like the delicious sweet treat it's fashioned after.
Creamy low-fat yogurt, sweet frozen strawberries, reduced-fat cream cheese and graham crackers are blended into this satisfying smoothie. I added some chia seeds to sneak in a little nutrient-packed punch too. Trust me when I tell you that it tastes just like a slice of cheesecake topped with strawberries. Who says you can't have your cheesecake and maintain that waistline too?
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic® Frozen Strawberries, chopped
- 1 oz. Kroger 33% Less Fat Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- ⅔ cup Simple Truth Organic® Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup almond or soy milk
- 2 graham crackers, crumbled
- Place all the ingredients except for 1 tablespoon crumbled crackers into your blender.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with the reserved graham cracker crumbs. Add a frozen strawberry, if desired, and enjoy!