Chilaquiles, meets poutine, meets breakfast. This smash-up recipe combines the best of each – salsa verde, fries and cheese curds, topped with a fried egg.
- 6 oz. extra crispy thin cut frozen French fries
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 3 oz. cheese curds, roughly chopped
- 1 fried egg
- Chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, avocado, as desired
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spread fries in an even layer on a baking sheet; bake 12-15 minutes until crispy.
- In a small skillet over medium heat add oil; sauté pepper, onion and beans until vegetables have softened and started to brown. In a small sauce pan over medium heat add salsa and heat through.
- When fries are crispy; transfer to a heat safe serving dish. Top with bean mixture and cheese curds. Bake 3-5 minutes until curds are slightly melted. Top with salsa, fried egg and desired garnishes. Refrigerate leftovers.