Created by: Six Sisters' Stuff
Our Grandma’s Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham is so easy to make and is always a huge hit!
Below are our special tips on how to make it in the slow cooker.
If you have a large ham, follow these steps to still cook it in your slow cooker! You will need two sheets of tin foil that are 12 inches long. I tucked the ends all around the edges of the crock pot and then gathered them together in the middles and folded the ends down (the plastic around the edges is my slow cooker liner). I did not completely wrap the ham in foil – I just tucked it down the sides of the slow cooker. You may want to make a “roof” for your ham. To keep the heat in even more, place a towel over the top of your tin foil tent. Once your ham is done, remove it from your slow cooker and make some gravy by mixing 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of water. I like to pour gravy over my mashed potatoes and ham! Even if you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still bake the ham in your oven. Once again, make a tent with aluminum foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. Baste the ham once every 30 minutes.
- 7-10 pound spiral ham (mine was pre-cooked)
- 2 Tbsp. brown Dijon mustard (I used spicy)
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup honey
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup water
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (if you have slow cooker liner, I suggest using it – it will make clean-up a breeze!). Place ham in the crock pot.
- Combine sugar, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon and mustard in a sauce pan on medium heat. Let cook for 2-5 minutes (until ingredients melt and combine) and whisk thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- Pour water in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour honey/brown sugar mixture over the ham.
- If the lid does not fit over your ham, you can make a tin foil tent (I used an 8 lb. ham and it didn’t fit in my 6 quart slow cooker).
- Cook the ham on low for 6-8 hours. Baste the ham with the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker once every hour.
- Once your ham is done, remove it from your slow cooker. Pour the juices in the bottom of your slow cooker into a medium saucepan. Mix together 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of water and pour into the saucepan. Cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken. Use that as a glaze over the ham or even as gravy for potatoes.
Even if you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still bake this ham in your oven. Once again, make a tent with aluminum foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. Baste the ham once every 30 minutes.