Created by: Crystal Owens, A Pumpkin & A Princess
Slow cookers are great when hosting a party to watch the big game. Setting the slow cooker on first thing in the morning and having hot chili ready by the time guests arrive helps save time and allows me to focus on other tasks. This slow cooker chili recipe is as easy as it gets!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- Shredded cheese, green onions and sour cream (for garnish)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet until internal temperature reaches 160°F; remove excess oil.
- Combine ground beef, beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chopped onion and chili seasoning in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Garnish with cheese, green onions and sour cream (optional). Store leftovers in the refrigerator.