This fall twist on spanakopita will be a favorite at your next party.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 50 min. | Serves: 30 turnovers | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 10 (9”x14”) phyllo sheets, thawed
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together spinach, pumpkin, feta, egg, dill, salt and nutmeg.
- On a clean work surface place a sheet of phyllo, brush with butter and top with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Cut into 6 strips about 2” wide.
- Place a scant tablespoon of spinach mixture on one end of each strip. Fold strip over to make a triangle; continue folding marinating triangular shape. Place on prepared pan, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush all turnovers with butter. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Per serving: Calories 140, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates 13g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.