Created by: Jessica Williams, Butter With A Side of Bread
This easy cake is brimming with fall flavors like pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg! Topped with a luscious brown sugar whipped cream frosting, it’s a perfectly festive dessert.
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¾ cup water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9”x13” pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients and cake mix with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes on high. Transfer cake batter to prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 20-30 minutes, then poke holes on the entire surface of the cake.
- Pour ½ cup sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, until cake is chilled.
- For the topping, whip the whipping cream, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for several minutes, until soft peaks form. (This goes so much faster if you use a metal bowl that has been placed in the freezer for about an hour beforehand.)
- Spread sweet cream over the top of the cake. Dust with ground cinnamon.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.