This spiced granita is a perfect palate cleanser and full of healthy antioxidants to boot!
Hands-on Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 30 min. plus overnight freezing time | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 cups 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- ½ cup pomegranate arils for serving
- Simmer the pomegranate juice until reduced by half. Steep the orange zest and spices in hot pomegranate juice and allow to cool completely. Strain out spices and add the orange juice, honey and Grand Marnier, stirring to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a covered container and place in the freezer. Stir every couple of hours with a fork to freeze evenly.
- When mixture is evenly slushy and frozen allow to freeze overnight. Scoop and serve with pomegranate arils.
Per serving: Calories 80, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Carbohydrates 18g (6% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 15g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.