A quenching froth of fresh peach puree combined with dry pink champagne, which gives those less than perfect peaches a sunset colored cocktail.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 10 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 ripe large peaches
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 cup small ice cubes
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) dry pink champagne or sweet sparkling moscato rosé, cold
- Drop peaches into a medium saucepan of boiling water. Blanch for 2 minutes, and then drop peaches in a medium bowl of ice water. Let peaches chill for 5 minutes; drain.
- Remove the skin and pits from the peaches. (Alternately, if ripe peaches are not available or out of season, use 4 canned peach halves, well drained.)
- Puree peaches, lemon and orange juices in a blender. Add ice cubes and blend to combine.
- Pour into 8 champagne flutes and top with champagne. Stir gently just to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 100, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Carbohydrates 7g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (2% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.