Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Within this Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball, a flavorful mix of sweet pineapple, pungent green onions and crunchy green peppers await. Smear on a cracker and try not to eat the whole thing!
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped green peppers
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 2 cups chopping pecans
- Crackers for serving
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the cream cheese, peppers, green onions, pineapple, seasoning salt and 1 cup of pecans.
- Scoop the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and wrap up, twisting the ends to form a ball.
- Place in a bowl similar in size to the ball and put in the refrigerator until completely chilled (overnight is recommended).
- Reshape into a ball and roll in the remaining pecans.
- Serve with crackers.