Sweet and salty tomato olive jam is the perfect topping for mild cod.
Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Kroger® Brown Sugar
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- 4 5 oz. boneless, skinless cod filets
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat; add onions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until slightly softened and fragrant. Add brown sugar and tomatoes; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until almost all liquid is evaporated. Stir in olives.
- Meanwhile, pat fish dry and season with oil, salt and pepper; place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until fish flakes easily and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve fish topped with tomato olive jam.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Make the tomato olive jam up to 3 days ahead of time. Cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. If making for Passover double check all your ingredients are Kosher for Passover.
Per serving: Calories 290, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 13g (20% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 1010mg (42% DV), Carbohydrates 16g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 10g, Protein 26g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.