Created by: Crystal Owens, A Pumpkin & A Princess
If you’re looking for a side dish to add to your Thanksgiving feast, try these mashed sweet potatoes with orange and spices.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. fresh orange zest
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecan pieces
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water and allow potatoes to cool enough to peel skin.
- Mash potatoes with butter, syrup, orange juice, zest and spices.
- Put mashed sweet potatoes in serving dish; garnish with chopped pecans.