Created by: Britni Vigil, Play. Party. Plan.
This Orange Citrus Salad is the perfect way to brighten up any Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 lb. Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. Kroger Granulated Sugar
- 4 oranges, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 oz. Private Selection™ Crumbled Goat Cheese
- ½ cup Kroger Orange Juice
- ½ cup Kroger 100% Cranberry Juice
- ¼ cup Kroger Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Kroger Honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Zest from one orange
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, place the chopped pecans and sugar in the pan and heat, stirring often, until the sugar is caramelized and the pecans are slightly browned.
- Remove nuts from heat immediately and place in a single layer on a piece of parchment paper.
- While pecans are toasting, make dressing by combining orange juice, cranberry juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, orange zest and salt together in a large bowl and whisking until well combined.
- Put together salad by adding spinach, orange pieces, goat cheese and pecans into a large bowl. Toss with dressing and serve chilled.