Created by: Erin Sellin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Busy weeknights call for quick and easy dinners. This one-pot beef stroganoff is a quick and easy version of the classic, so you can have it on your busiest night. Plus it’s more budget friendly than the original because you use ground beef to make it come together.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 package (12 oz.) egg noodles
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes, until light golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Add onions and ground beef to skillet, cook for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked and onions are soft, breaking apart. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add flour, and stir until beef is well coated.
- Pour in beef stock, egg noodles and mushrooms. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the noodles are cooked and the sauce has thickened slightly, remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.