Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Homemade salads aren’t very exciting unless you have the right combination of toppings. Plain lettuce and dressing is no fun, but this Mediterranean Chopped Salad is full of flavor with feta cheese, Kalamata olives, Persian cucumbers and more. Toss it together with a homemade Greek dressing and you’ll be eating healthier in no time!
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 package (10.5 oz.) grape tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 4 oz. feta cheese, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Prepare the dressing by tossing together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix vigorously and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all other ingredients together and pour in the Greek dressing. Mix well and serve.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.