Creamy, cheesy potato casserole gets even better topped with bacon, chives and sour cream.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pkg. (20-oz.) refrigerated shredded hashbrowns
- ¼ cup chopped cooked bacon
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant. Stir in cream cheese and milk until mixture until well blended. Remove from heat; add hash browns and 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese. Transfer to prepared dish; bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown and hash browns are tender.
- Immediately top with remaining cheese, bacon, chives and sour cream. Refrigerate leftovers.