This quick and easy chicken soup is a great way to use up leftover chicken and get dinner on the table in no time.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ⅓ cup orzo
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- In a 3-quart sauce pan over medium heat melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper; sauté 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, lemon juice and zest bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add orzo and cook 9-10 minutes until pasta is done and vegetable are tender. Stir in parsley; adjust seasoning to taste. Refrigerate leftovers.