Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Give the gift of food this holiday season, with easy-to-make cookies. Do most of the work yourself, but let your loved ones bake the cookies when they are in the mood for them. Hot Chocolate Cookies in a Jar are the perfect gift because everyone knows food is the way to one’s heart!
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup hot cocoa mix
- ¼ cup marshmallow bits
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- One by one, layer each of the dry ingredients in a quart jar, leaving the mini marshmallows out.
- Write the baking instructions on the back of a cute gift tag.
- Place marshmallows in a sandwich bag and attach to the jar along with the gift tag, with a festive ribbon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend 1 stick of softened butter, 1 egg, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla until creamy.
- Add the ingredients from the jar and mix until well-combined.
- Scoop large round balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, use the back of a tablespoon to make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Place about 5 mini marshmallows in each cookie indentation. Return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool. Serve and store remaining cookies in an airtight container. Recipe can easily be doubled.