Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
Your holiday guests will enjoy this festive and tasty cheese ball inspired by a classic holly ball! With it’s sweet pomegranate seeds, salty feta cheese and peppery arugula, this easy to make yet impressive Holly Ball Cheese Ball is sure to please every guest’s palate.
- 8 oz. Simple Truth™ Organic Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 container (4 oz.) Private Selection™ Crumbled Traditional Feta Cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Private Selection™ Grade A Amber Color Rich Taste Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup plus 1-2 Tbsp. of fresh pomegranate seeds
- Simple Truth™ Organic Baby Arugula
- Your favorite Private Selection™ Entertainment Crackers
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, feta cheese, garlic powder, ground cinnamon, and maple syrup until well mixed. Fold in the chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds (reserve the rest of the pomegranate seeds to decorate the cheese ball later). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once the cheese mixture is well chilled, remove from the bowl and shape into a ball. Gently press the baby arugula leaves into and all around the cheese ball until it is completely covered. Use the remaining pomegranate seeds to cover most of the white areas that are left. (The pomegranate seeds will act as the “holly berries” for this edible holly ball.) Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve the cheese ball with your favorite entertainment crackers. Enjoy!
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.