Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
The combination of flavorful meat, juicy pineapple and crunchy seared veggies, all smothered in that easy-to-make barbecue sauce, makes for an outstanding meal.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup ketchup
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 whole ham steak
- 1 red onion
- 1 orange or yellow pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) package mushrooms
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled with core removed
- To make the grilling sauce, combine all ingredients in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Allow to cool before use.
- To assemble the skewers, cut all ingredients into 1” cubes and thread onto metal or wood skewer sticks, alternating ingredients. Cover skewers with grilling sauce. This can be done ahead of time and then stored in the refrigerator, if needed.
- To cook skewers, heat grill to medium-high and sear each side for about 5 minutes until all ingredients have been heated through and have nice sear marks.
- Makes approximately 10 skewers.
- You could do all the prep work ahead of time, throw them in a sealable container, and then toss them on the grill when you're ready to eat. Perfect for tailgating!