Created by: Jessica Williams, Butter With A Side of Bread
Take grilled pineapple from good to great with a sweet and tangy glaze and toasted coconut! There are just 4 ingredients in this easy, versatile recipe.
- 1 whole pineapple, cut into spears
- ¼ cup cream of coconut
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened flake coconut, toasted
- Toast coconut by heating a frying pan to medium-high and adding coconut, stirring often until it has turned light brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream of coconut and brown sugar in small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Place pineapple spears on a hot grill. Brush with coconut glaze. Flip pineapple after 3 or 4 minutes and brush glaze on the opposite side. Depending on size of pineapple spears, they should take about 8-10 minutes on the grill.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle toasted coconut on top, then serve.
- Serve as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or fish for dinner, or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful dessert during halftime.