The combination of mint and chocolate is irresistible in these cupcakes finished with a whipped cream frosting.
Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. crème de menthe
- 1½ cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 baking cups with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, milk, butter, eggs and ¼ cup crème de menthe. Divide into muffin cups. Bake 14-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of hot fudge on each cupcake. Allow fudge to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and crème de menthe in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Slowly add whipping cream, beating until stiff peaks form. Frost cupcakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.