Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
Football parties are a great way to gather your friends and enjoy time together as you cheer on your favorite team. Switch up your next game day party by serving up a Grapefruit Shandy.
The tart grapefruit juice is the perfect teammate for a bottle of wheat beer. These are easy to make for a crowd by simply preparing the sweetened grapefruit juice ahead of time and setting out a self-serve area near your cooler!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 bottles wheat beer
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Mix together grapefruit juice and simple syrup.
- In tall beer glasses, add ½ cup grapefruit juice mixture and top with wheat beer (½-1 bottle, depending on your taste and size of the glass).
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge.
Make these even faster by using store-bought grapefruit juice!