Adorably spooky, these little ghost cakes made from white cake mix and topped with a marshmallow frosting and mini chocolate chip eyes are a fun Halloween activity for kids of all ages!
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 2 hours | Serves: 25 mini cakes | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) moist supreme white cake mix
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- Mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 15”x10” jellyroll pan.
- For the cake, in a large bowl combine the mix, water, oil and egg whites and beat on medium speed, stopping and scraping bowl once or twice, until mixture is well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, freeze cake for 1 hour before cutting.
- Along 15” side, cut cake lengthwise into five (3”)wide strips. Using a sharp knife, mark and cut 5 ghost shaped cakes from each cake strip, then return cut cake to the freezer.
- For the frosting, in a double boiler over simmering water beat the sugar, water and egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the marshmallow crème and beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully remove from the heat.
- Remove petite cakes from the pan. Spread frosting over sides and top of each cake to resemble a ghost. Use mini chocolate chips for eyes and mouth.
Per serving: Calories 160, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 135mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.