Created by: Nicole Leggio, Cooking for Keeps
Rich dark chocolate and orange extract give a classic childhood favorite – hot cocoa – an upscale, adult update. With only five ingredients, and one pot, this easy winter time favorite is a cinch to make, and worth every sip of indulgence.
- 4 cups milk (any kind but skim)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. orange extract
- Add milk and cocoa powder to the bottom of a medium pot. Turn the heat on a medium-low and heat until simmering.
- Turn the heat down to low, and add chocolate chunks and sugar. Whisk until sugar has dissolved and chocolate has melted, about 5 minutes. Add orange extract.
- Ladle into cups and serve!