Created by: Nicole Leggio, Cooking for Keeps
Crispy chickpeas are my new favorite snack. Not only are they ridiculously easy to throw together, but they’re a lighter alternative too, which means I don’t have to limit myself to just a handful.
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, turmeric, brown sugar, ginger, cayenne, cinnamon, coriander, cumin and salt.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil in a medium bowl. Pour on to a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes and toss with a spoon half way through to prevent burning. After 25 minutes, remove from oven, pour chickpeas back in bowl and toss with spices.
- Place back in the oven and roast until crispy, another 5 minutes or so. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
- You can adjust the seasonings as you see fit. So if you like things on the sweeter side, add a little bit of brown sugar, a little on the spicier side, add a little bit more cayenne.
- Crispy chickpeas will last 12 hours uncovered if you want to make them ahead of time. If you want to make them and then store, they won’t retain that super crisp crunch, but they’ll still be just as tasty, chewy, and addictive as they were straight from the oven.