Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
New Year’s Eve is such a fun night! We skip the elaborate holiday meals and opt instead for easy finger foods to enjoy as we wait for the clock to hit midnight.
These Coconut Honey Pistachio Tarts are a great dessert idea for a long night of celebrating. They are served at room temperature and are a great bite-sized party food!
- 1 box (4.2 oz.) Private Selection™ Shortbread Tartlet Shells
- ½ cup pistachios, roasted, shelled and chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet, approximately 3 minutes, stirring constantly so they don’t burn.
- Toast coconut in the dry skillet, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt honey and butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Mix well.
- Add pistachios, almonds and coconut to the honey mixture. Mix well.
- Spread tart shells on a cookie sheet or plate. Fill each shell with approximately 1 tablespoon of honey and nut mixture.
- Add an additional drizzle of honey at the time of serving, if desired.