Luscious sweet dark cherries turn a summer classic strawberry dessert into an easy elegant winter dessert. It’s traditional to serve the cherries topped with sweetened sour cream, but you can use very soft vanilla ice cream instead.
Hands-on Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 32 oz. frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Kroger® Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 2 Tbsp. brandy or cognac
- 1 cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
- In large bowl, mix cherries, brown sugar, orange liqueur and brandy. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 but up to 4 hours.
- In medium bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and sour cream. Fold into whipped cream.
- To serve, spoon cherries and juice in 8 small dessert bowls. Top with large dollop of sour cream mixture. Garnish with mint.
Per serving: Calories 300, Calories from Fat 150, Total Fat 17g (26% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 25mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 32g (11% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 28g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.