Created by: Crystal Owens, A Pumpkin & A Princess
New Year’s Eve is a time to gather with friends and loved ones to celebrate. Whether you’re hosting a big party or looking for a quick recipe to enjoy in the comfort of your home while the ball drop, this recipe makes a great appetizer for New Year’s Eve.
- 12 mushrooms, stems removed and set aside
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop mushroom stems, garlic and onion.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Sauté mushroom stems, garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, black pepper and cayenne pepper with onion mixture.
- Fill each mushroom with a rounded tablespoon of cheese mixture.
- Place on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers in an air-tight container.