Sausage and veggies in a creamy sauce, topped with eggs, cheese and a crispy layer of tater tots – breakfast is served.
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 pkg. (32-oz.) tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter or spray a 9”x13” casserole dish; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat break-up sausage and cook until browned and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove sausage from pan but leave about drippings; add peppers and onions. Cook 3-4 minutes until softened and fragrant. Reduce heat to medium; add cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until cream cheese melts; stir in sausage. Spread mixture into an even layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat melt butter and add eggs. Cook, scrambling until eggs are just done. Spread eggs evenly over cheese and top with remaining cheese.
- Place an even layer of tater tots over the top of the casserole. Bake 25-30 minutes until tater tots are crisp. Allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.