Created by: Nellie Tracy, Butter With a Side of Bread
With four kids, my mornings are very hectic and I don’t have much time to prepare a healthy breakfast for my family. I love this recipe because you can make it ahead of time, and reheat each oatmeal cup within seconds. I think they taste wonderful plain, but you can also top them with some Greek yogurt and/or fruit!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Combine eggs, vanilla, applesauce, almond milk and honey in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine oats, cinnamon and baking powder in a different bowl. Mix well and then add to the applesauce mixture. Stir to combine.
- Scoop mixture into greased muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 26-30 minutes or until golden brown.