Created by: Nicole Leggio, Cooking for Keeps
I have a serious thing for guacamole, and I also have a serious thing for pot-stickers. So why not combine the two for the perfect bite-sized crunchy app?
The idea for these is actually derived from one of my favorite appetizers of all time – the avocado egg roll. I’ve made them a few times, and still can’t get enough of them, but I thought it would be fun to switch things up a bit and put a Mexican spin on them.
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup frozen yellow corn, defrosted
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup tomato , finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 4 Tbsp. canola oil
- Salsa and sour cream for serving
- Add avocado to a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add red onion, corn, jalapeno, salt, lemon juice, tomato, cilantro and cumin. Mix until combined.
- Fill a small bowl with a little bit of water and set next to your wonton wrappers. Place one heaping teaspoon of avocado filling near the corner of the wonton wrapper, but not right to the edge.
- Dip your fingers in the water and wet the sides of the wrapper, then fold the corner of the wonton over to form a triangle. Seal the edges, making sure there are no air bubbles. Fold the corners over each other, using water to seal. Repeat for remaining filling.
- Working in 3-4 batches, heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan (about 1½ tablespoons should do it). Add the dumplings, browning on both sides until crispy and golden. Repeat with remaining pot-stickers.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.