Apple pie is appropriate for breakfast in this delicious, flaky pull apart bread and it comes together easier than pie.
- 1 pkg. (16.3-oz.) refrigerator flaky biscuits
- 1 cup apple pie filling, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a 9”x5” loaf pan; set aside.
- Divide biscuits in half by splitting the layers for a total of 16 biscuits. Mix together apple pie filling and cinnamon. Spread 15 biscuits with about 1 tablespoon of pie filling. Set the loaf pain on its short side and quickly stack the biscuits, pie filling side up, ending with the plain biscuit.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until baked through and golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together and drizzle over warm bread.