Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Give your door (or wall) a sparkly embellishment for the season. Using real (or store-bought) pinecones, a little glue and glitter plus a wreath base, you can create a one-of-a-kind wreath, all your own.
- Pinecones*, real** or store-bought
- White glue
- Paper or plastic cup
- Brush (Optional)
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
- Wax paper to cover work surface
- Wreath Base (available at your local crafts store)
*The number of pinecones will vary depending on the size of the wreath base.
**If the pinecones used are from outdoors, make sure they are dry and brushed free of dirt and debris.
- Begin by combining white glue and a bit of water in a paper or plastic cup, creating a lighter, more liquidly glue.
- Take each pinecone individually and dip in the glue/water mix, varying the depth of the dip.
- Sprinkle the glue-covered portion with glitter.
- Set the dipped pinecones aside while they dry. Continue until all the pinecones are covered.
- Use hot glue and a hot glue gun to attach the dipped pinecones to the wreath base.