Created by: Lauren Saylor, A Fabulous Fete
We all know that Friendsgiving is all about spending time with loved ones, and of course, delicious food. So this usually has us focusing on recipes, shopping trips and coordinating dates and times to get everyone there. But how about taking a few minutes to pick up a few supplies from the grocery store, and inviting your guests in style (instead of a text message)? Follow this simple DIY to make fringe and watercolor invitations that will wow your guests.
- Poster boards
- Paper lunch bags
- Watercolor and brush
- Measure your poster board and cut 5”x7” pieces until you have enough to accommodate your guest list.
- Trim strips from the lunch bags that are about 1”x5½” long.
- Make the fringe by cutting up from the bottom of your strips and stopping about ¼” from the top.
- Tape down your strips so they overlap – 3-5 per invite is the perfect amount! You can use double stick tape on the top layer of fringe so there isn’t tape showing.
- Add your details in watercolor on the top of the invite.
- Tuck in and envelope and surprise your guests with your creativity!