Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Show your kids how much you love them this Valentine’s Day by crafting a DIY heart t-shirt with them. The kids can make mom a homemade t-shirt as a thoughtful gift, or they can craft up a shirt for to wear on Valentine’s Day. It’s a win-win, and super cute.
- Plain white t-shirt (other light colors will work too)
- Large heart cutout from a white piece of paper or cardstock
- Red fabric paint
- Paper plate
- Pencil with eraser
- Lay the t-shirt out on a flat surface and squirt a small amount of paint onto a paper plate.
- Place the heart cutout wherever you want the heart to appear on the t-shirt.
- Dip pencil eraser into the paint and press onto the shirt, around the edges of the heart. Press down firmly the edge of the heart, then release the pressure as you move farther from the edge. The paint should become lighter and lighter, creating a faded effect. Repeat until you’ve gone around the entire heart, dipping back into the paint as necessary.
- Remove the heart cutout and allow the paint to dry completely before wearing or gifting.
To make a perfectly symmetrical heart, fold a piece of paper in half crosswise and draw half a heart from the center-fold. Then cut it out and open it up.