Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
The refrigerator is the hub of the kitchen, the spot to store good eats. Unfortunately, it’s also an area that can get dirty, messy and stinky. The dirt and mess can be cleaned, but odors are more of a challenge. With this two-ingredient deodorizer, you can neutralize odors in the refrigerator. Quick and easy, and it works!
- Pint-sized glass jar or other plastic container, large enough to hold 2 cups
- 2 cups baking soda
- 20-30 drops essential oil, plus more as needed (fresh scents like citrus or vanilla)
- Put the baking soda in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the essential oil and stir into the baking soda with a spoon.
- Pour the baking soda mixture into the container.
- Place the open container in the fridge to absorb odors.
- Stir the baking soda mix occasionally to refresh the scent of the essential oils. Replace the mix every 3-4 months.